Heba Adel | 0 | 330 | 10:57 am Sunday 21st May 2023 | |
You can view the final version of the rules and system for the work of the scientific committees to examine the scientific production of applicants for the positions of professors and assistant professors in Egyptian universities by attaching the reports of the Digital Libraries Unit of the Supreme Council of Universities within the paper required to apply for scientific committees
Conditions for Applying to Scientific Committees
1. The applicant for appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor or Professor must hold the previous degree for at least five years, and the applicant’s paper may be accepted before the completion of the prescribed period of three months at most.
2. The applicant is supposed to be attended the faculty development courses, or their alternatives, as determined by the Supreme Council of Universities.
3. In the application of submission, which is transferred to the committee by the dean of the college from which the member is applying, the applicant specifies the specialization in which he wishes to obtain an academic degree, accompanied by his published or accepted scientific production, which he did after obtaining the last academic degree, and theses which he has supervised and have been approved, and the total scientific production is added to it in the case of applying for a professor’s degree. The university and college, from which the member is applying, shall submit a report on its evaluation of his remarkable scientific and social activity and his outstanding construction work in the college or institute (Annex No. 1 specifies the papers and documents accompanying the scientific production submitted to the scientific committee).
4. A faculty member seconded externally or internally, or on a scientific mission or leave to accompany the spouse, and who has obtained a valid approval from his university, can submit his paper to the scientific committees by a letter from the dean of his faculty and submits the same required papers and documents shown in Appendix No. (1). However, a staff member is not allowed to apply, after the termination of the secondment, academic mission, or leave to accompany the spouse, except after he returns and takes over the job.
5. After completing the points system for scientific journals and periodicals, the applicant must submit research that obtains a specific number of points.
General Rules for Promotion
1. The Supreme Council of Universities determines the specialization of each of the scientific committees for the promotion of the staff members, after taking its opinion, to serve as an umbrella for a group of sub-disciplines, to be announced within the scientific departments. The committee must notify the Supreme Council of Universities to take the necessary action.
2. Publication of specializations on the website of the scientific committees on the university information network, after taking the opinion of the planning committees of the university education sectors.
3. A scientific committee for promotion shall be formed from 7-9 members of specialized professors, who were selected as arbitrators in the field of work of the committee, and its task is to promote the staff members to occupy the positions of assistant professor and professor in the sub-disciplines listed under it.
4. The promotion of staff members shall be based on the recommendation of the competent scientific committee, according to a detailed and reasoned report in which it evaluates the scientific production of the applicants (Annex No. 7 shows a sample of the form of the collective report of the scientific committee on examining scientific production), and whether it qualifies them to occupy the position or the scientific title of the degree .
5. The University Council shall transfer the grievances of the scientific committees, which it deems to be serious, to the Supreme Advisory Committee of the Supreme Council of Universities. This committee shall study in detail the complaints submitted, and it may return the paper to the competent scientific committee to re-examine them again or to file the complaint, explaining the reasons for its decision. The Scientific Committee shall write a detailed report on the reasons for its acceptance or rejection of the grievance.
6. In the cace that a scientific committee is not available to examine one of the disciplines, the dean of the college must transfer the paper to the Secretary of the Supreme Council of Universities, who in turn refers him to the Supreme Advisory Committee to decide whether to refer him to one of the existing committees or to propose the formation of a new committee after presentation to the Supreme Council of Universities.
7. When announcing the request to occupy the positions of the staff members in universities and higher institutes ,these institutions must require the committee’s opinion about the applicants to fill the position in accordance with the announced terms of reference which must agree, at a minimum level, with the stipulated job conditions in the Universities Organization Law and its amendments.
تم تصميم الصفحة ورفعها بواسطة: Heba Adel